Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bathroom etiquette

So I posted about this on Facebook yesterday, but it's just so hilarious that it deserves being repeated here. I took Allie to the pediatrician yesterday morning. She had a nasty cough, runny nose, sinus-y type gunk going on for about 2 weeks, plus a round of croup and bronchitis had just made their rounds through daycare. Since we are going out of town on Thursday, I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. Turns out she has a sinus infection.

We stopped at Sam's Club on the way home to pick up some diapers and cat food, and to find a treat for Allie since she did fairly well at the doc's. I had to use the bathroom before we started shopping, and since the family bathroom was occupied, I took her with me into the handicapped stall in the women's bathroom.

(Side note: trying to do your business while keeping a very curious, active, on-the-go toddler from touching anything in the stall is probably harder than making out with a porcupine and not getting stabbed in the face by quills. Not that I've ever experienced this, but in theory.)

A woman was poppin' a squat in the stall next to us. Before I could stop her, Allie leaned down, peered under the stall wall, flashed a charming smile, and waved at the woman. "Bye bye!" she said to her.

I immediately pulled Allie away and explained to her that we don't usually talk to the people in the stalls next to us, while muttering an apology to the poor lady.

Allie nodded at me that she understood what I was telling her. She then pointed at me and loudly announced, "Poopy, momma? Momma go poopy?"

I *swear* I heard a faint snort erupting from the stall next to us.

No comments: