Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Like mother, like daughter

My parents sent me a large box of pictures they took throughout my childhood years, and I've just recently gotten around to sorting through it. One of the things that totally struck me as funny is the similarity between some of the things that I've taken pictures of Allie doing, and the things my parents took of me doing when I was a kid.

I created collages with some of them. (Note: none of these were staged. The similar poses/pictures just happened). Just more proof that this girl was meant to be my child.

One of the first times my parents saw me (my picture when they got my assignment); one of the first times I saw Allie:

Lee BoRa; Alexandra Noelle

I also really liked this one, since our expressions are exactly the same.

The first time my mom held me; one of the first times I held Allie:


One of the first times my dad held me; the first time my dad held Allie:


The first time my godmother, Aunt Carolyn Warnken, held me; the first time she held Allie:


My mom helping me walk; me helping Allie walk:


My first snow experience; Allie's first snow experience:


My first birthday; Allie's first birthday:


My first Halloween (I was karate kid); Allie's first Halloween (she was a bar of Dial soap, to go with my human loofah costume):


Potty training time!


Easter egg hunt:


Wearing my dad's shoes; wearing mommy's shoes:


My first time riding a horse; her first time riding a horse (note the difference of expression):


Being silly with Mr. Potato Head accessories:


Looking fly in our Hollywood shades:


Ballerina dancing (She looks graceful; I look like a dog peeing at a fire hydrant):


Another time playing in the snow, now older and able to enjoy it more:


First time in the AWANA Club program -- me in Cubbies; her in Puggles:



Wearing my favorite elephant dress from when I was a kid:


Modeling our bathing suits:


Horseback rides on daddy's back:


My dad showing me something on the roof; Justin showing Allie their birdfeeder hanging from our roof:


Strawberry picking:


First time playing my piano:



First bike:


Trip to the local fire station -- me for my brother's birthday party; Allie on a daycare field trip:


Wrapped up in towels after a bath with our friends -- me and my dear childhood friend Bethany; Allie and her best friend Drake:


Silly siblings -- me and my brother Bobby; Allie and her brother Davis:


And just for fun:


My dad did the pictures of my brother and me, and I did the one of Allie. :)

1 comment:

Roshena said...

To say I love these would be an enormous understatement!