Saturday, June 9, 2012

Meet my fam!

So now that I've started blogging again, I've discovered that I'm seeing the world through blog-tinted glasses. Meaning, when something funny and exciting happens, my mind immediately jumps to, "oooh, how can I make this an interesting post?"

But that actually has nothing to do with this post. I want to take a few minutes and introduce you all to my little family. So without further ado...

This is me. This picture was taken on the day I sucked a cup to my face. I don't want to talk about it anymore than that. :)


This is my husband Justin. He's really a wonderful husband and daddy. We have our hard times, our differences, our fights, our laughs, our sillies, our special times together, but really, what couple doesn't. There is nobody I'd rather experience the ups and downs of life with than this man. 


This exquisite child is my daughter, Alexandra Noelle, aka Allie, Bit, Little Bit, Bitty, AllieBug, McBit, Spawn, Mufs, Little Mufs, Mufsy. And the list goes on. She turned 19 months old on June 2, and she has the sweetest, cutest, funniest, sneakiest, conniving-est, precious personality. Experiencing the world through an innocent child's eyes is so precious, and I'm blessed to be able to experience it through Allie.


T




These wonderful creatures are our dog, Dingo, and one of our cats, Wem. They have a love/hate relationship. Meaning, Dingo hates Wem and Wem loves to torment Dingo. They really are awesome pets and are so good with Allie, even though she sits on their faces, pulls their ears, and pokes their winkies.




This is our other cat, Olive. She initially started out as a foster from the shelter, but we fell in love with her and decided to keep her. She's kind of a mama b**** and is your typical cat, but when she's in the mood, she loves to snuggle. She may seem sweet and gentle, but don't be fooled; she's at the top of the pecking order in this house.



 
These are our 3 bunnies: Leonard, Gabby and Chloe, respectively. Their full names are Sir Leonard Mitzvah the Jewish Snuggle Bunny, Gabrielle Luftwaffe Benwoit, and Chloe Avalanche Keister von Schmoozle. (yes, I named them. Don't judge me.) Their favorite things to do are snack on craisins, dig in the dirt, snack on craisins, shed and leave fur all over the place, snack on craisins... They are the sweetest bunnies ever. Leonard is a Rex mix, Gabs is a Flemish giant and weighs about 28 lbs, and Chloe is a Holland Lop.


This is our box turtle, Darth Maul Rosental. We usually just call him Turd though. It may look like he's stuck in his log, but don't be fooled. He actually enjoys stretching out like this.

Sadly, I don't have any pictures of Geico, our leopard gecko, and Ozzie, our corn snake, but they're pretty chill.


And last but not least, even though she's not mine anymore, I couldn't leave out my partner-in-crime of 4 years, Hollis. If you've ever seen Family Guy, picture Stewie. If Stewie were a horse, he would be Hollis. That about sums up this mare's personality to a tee. We get along great. :) Hollis now belongs to a wonderful lady Carolyne and I am so thankful that she lets me come out and ride her when I need my Hollis fix.

And that's us in a nutshell! My crazy, eclectic, lovable little family. We tried to get a family picture with us and all the animals, but it got a little out of hand. (that last statement may or may not have been a lie) :)

Hiking at Paris Mountain on Memorial Day



2 comments:

Bri said...

the term "pokes their winkies" almost made me spit out my cereal.

Kathy said...

LOL - it is a completely accurate description though. :)