Monday, August 20, 2012

Hoodie Ninja Phonetic Alphabet

My co-workers and I were talking today (see, you guys FINALLY made it on the blog!) :) about the police alphabet. One of my jobs is to answer the phones at work, and my co-workers are forever teasing me about my made-up-on-the-spot phonetic alphabet when I'm talking to a customer ('d' as in duck, 'm' as in . . . um . . . machine gun . . .).

You get the idea.

My supervisor suggested that I make up my own phonetic alphabet and post it on my blog, and I thought -- what a great idea!

Just for reference and comparison, click here for the actual police phonetic alphabet.

And here is mine. I'm going to call it the Hoodie Ninja Phonetic Alphabet:

a - airplane
b - botfly (note: probably only my horse friends will understand this one)
c - catheter
d - duck
e - elephant
f - flatulation (also note: I realized that I got this word and 'flagellation' mixed up today)
g - Grover
h - hippo
i - igloo
j - jiraffe . . . oh wait . . .
k - karate
l - Lucky Charms
m - machine gun
n - narcolepsy
o - oval
p - poop
q - q-tip
r - renal failure
s - spleen
t - t-shirt
u - uvula
v - violin
w - Wem
x - x-ray
y - Yoohoo
z - zebra

No comments: